Friday, March 13, 2009

Life Insurance

Dear Readers,
Do you have a life insurance policy? If you don't, have you thought about it? Do you have people in your life that depend on you? I'm not just talking about people who depend on your money here, I'm talking about taking care of a household or children and cooking healthy meals each day.
Today my husband set up an appointment with our Life Insurance company. He and I are both now insured and I have to tell you, it feels good. It's good to know that if something were to happen to me, he and the kids would be taken care of. He would be able to take some time off of work to set things in order, to find good quality care for our kids, and probably hire a housekeeper! It feels good to know that if one of our children had an accident I would be able to grieve not giving thought to how we would pay for burial. Does that sound morbid? I hope not. I hope you hear the peace in me, the knowledge that God is in control and He works all things to the good of those who love Him. I am so grateful to Him for the blessing of good health and for the joy of my children. I think of Job and the way he was tested and I pray I will be ever faithful in times of trials. It feels good to know that we are ready for trials when they come, that we are being good stewards of the gifts He has given us; our time, our money and our family.
If you've never thought of getting life insurance, you ought to! (Just be sure that you understand what you are purchasing and don't "waste" your money on recommendations from the sales man. Ask around and get a good quote from a good company. Buy term and don't fall for the schemes that insurance brokers trying to get you to buy more than you need!)
... "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 2:4

No comments: