Sunday, February 14, 2010

No Remedy

I was listening to my favorite pandora station today a song from my past came rushing to the front of my mind, bringing back the daydreams of my teenage years. I was doing the dishes, elbow deep in warm soapy water, and a choke suddenly caught in my throat and tears welled up in my eyes.


:: I had always dreamed of finding a love so deep as this song portrays ::
:: I can see myself ::
:: sitting on the side of my bed hearing her words pour over me ::

:: I sat there picturing the love of my life as I walk down the aisle in a beautiful white dress::

I wasn't sure at first why I was so emotional. I tried to keep singing, but my voice sweaked as I barely whispered the lyrics.



There's no remedy for love, nothing can change the way I feel, I'm hopelessy head over heals for worse or for better. There's no remedy for love, but I'd have it no other way, the symptoms are clear I'm yours for now and forever. There's no remedy for love.


And then I saw myself, wearing the white dress, glowing, holding my dad's arm but practically running down the isle. Surrounded by friends and family, there to witness our day.


Caught up, in the concept of your kisses, of the Mr. & the Mrs.
of the steps of life we're taking here. Oh, I'm lost in the magic and the mystery, in our own small part of history, our hearts have started making here.
And I know there'll be no cure for me, but what a sweet malady.


I love his kisses. I love being his Mrs. We are taking some big steps, and we have made seven years of beautiful history. If I'm sick then I don't want to be well.

There's no remedy for love, nothing can change the way I feel. I'm hopelessy head over heals for worse or for better. There's no remedy for love, but I'd have it no other way. The symptoms are clear I'm yours for now and forever. There's no remedy for love.

There's no remedy for love.

No remedy for love.












:: Our History ::