Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Humming Bird


I've rearanged my living room, again. But I think it will stay this way for a while. My desk now sits facing our large sliding glass door, covering the half that doesn't move. I can see our transformed backyard, and the children playing outside. It's now one of my favorite places in our home.

As I look outside I sometimes have fun reflections, sometimes I just smile overwhelmed by the blessing of three happy healthy children and sometimes I get a surprise.

Recently I have been visited by a beautiful green hummingbird. She's amazing. We have no feeder to attract her, nothing here that she particularly wants, she just comes to the window and hovers. I think it's for me! For each time I see her, I pause. I'm in awe of the intricasies of her, of her Creator, of how she though, busy stops for a moment.

I share no deep thoughts here today, simply this... He made it for me.

3 comments:

Rieshy said...

This is lovely.

We have hummingbirds that come by twice a year. It always feels like an event to us too.

Tracey said...

What pleasure there is in the simple things!

It's my first visit to your blog; it's lovely!!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful gift from the Creator!