Thursday, June 24, 2010

Throwback Thursday

"This Changes Everything..."











This is their tag line and I don't know if it could be more appropriate. Can you imagine what my Grandma will say when she comes to my house and my 6 year old daughter picks up my phone to video call her daddy who is miles away at camp?



Years ago, the technology we take for granted today was just a dream. In fact, it was an attraction. I can remember spending a long hot day at Disneyland and taking the time to cool off in either the Hall of Presidents (Mom's idea) or the Tomorrowland ride (my idea). Mobile mannequins showed us what could be in the future...I remember seeing a futuristic scene as the air conditioned ride slowly turned. I saw a mother and her children chatting joyfully with daddy while he was at work some distance away, and as the next scene approached it was the same scenario from the father's perspective. We soaked it all it thinking it to be a distant idea. Yet here we are... with "face time" as a reality. And not just on large screens or laptop computers, but on a device that fits in the palm of your hand.

Dear friends, the future is here and this changes everything...



No comments: