Sunday, September 19, 2010

Children's Book Monday

First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg



This post in honor of my dear friend's first day of school today (we had ours a few weeks ago, which is when I thought about reviewing this book!)



The first day of school. There are so many new things to see and do, people to meet, and routines to learn. It's no wonder Sarah Jean gets the First Day Jitters!



It's time for her to get out of bed,

and with covers pulled up over her head

she says, "I don't want to go!"


Out of bed and to the kitchen,

lunch all packed and breakfast eaten,

she worries, "What if they don't like me?"


On the drive to school she sinks to the floor,

the principle even meets her at the door,

and shows her to her classroom.


Imagine Sarah Jean's surprise,

as the door is opened and she closes her eyes,

and the principle introduces...


Oh, dear friends, I just can't give up the ending to this delightful book! I'm sorry, but you'll have to read it for yourself!

1 comment:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Aw, thanks, sweet mama! A book review in my honor! ;) Trotting off to see if our library has it...

(also, Kev mentioned that something popped up in his Facebook reader (or something like that- I don't know how it works!) and you needed a book recommendation? Girl, I absolutely loved a book called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society! It sounds crazy, but it is so delightful and moving and... please read it.

Also, The Help. Highly recommended.

Love you. xoxo