Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mizithra

Another "request" from Facebook!


I love it when I post what I made for dinner and I get requests for the recipe.




We were spending the weekend with some friends and my husband asked the question around the table: "When you cook, what is your favorite meal to make?" It started a wonderful discussion about who does most of the cooking and what "go to" meals are fixed most in their homes.

A dear friend mentioned their standby, and it had been so long since I'd fixed it that I decided to revisit it just last night! It's a favorite on the menu at the Old Spaghetti Factory and that is where I first fell in love with the dish.
It's Spaghetti served with Browned Butter and
Mizithra Cheese. If you've never tried mizithra cheese, you really must! It's a deliciously salty goat cheese that pairs very well with pasta either cold or hot! It doesn't melt, but you won't be disappointed in the texture once the forkful passes your lips.



The "recipe" is hardly that as there are only the three ingredients mentioned in the title of the dish! You'll need your favorite pasta (I typically use whole wheat), enough butter to coat the pasta and taste amazing (without giving you a coronary!), and of course an ample amount of shredded mizithra cheese!



I hope it becomes a family favorite in your home! Do let me know if you've tried it!

No comments: