Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7th 2010

Today
My four year old has no real concept of time yet. "Is today this day?" She will ask me. "Yes,"I respond, "Until tomorrow!"...a look of confusion crosses her face as her brows dip in frustration. In her world the term yesterday can be applied to any event that happened in the past, and the term tomorrow encompasses anything that will happen in the future. I love the sweet innocence of her view of time. I wish I could hold on to that a bit more myself. I think what makes it so precious to me is the freedom from worry that she brings with her.

Her needs are met.
She knows she's loved.
She has no real worries in life.


To think that the time of eternity is a concept we don't fully understand takes my breath away. "Abba, will we be with You forever?" I ask. "Yes," He responds, "Until eternity!"... a look of confusion crosses my face and my brow dips in frustration. In my world things are finite. There is a beginning, there is an end. Not so with my amazing God. He goes beyond the bounds of my mind. He wants me to have sweet innocence in my view of time. Why? Because it brings freedom.

My needs are met.
I know that I'm loved.
In Him I have no real worries.

Oh the rich blessings and lessons I learn from my precious little ones.
"Unless you become like little children, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven."


tuesdays unwrapped at cats

No comments: