Sunday, November 7, 2010

Children's Book Monday

It's fall, the air is crisp and the leaves are turning brilliant colors. I'm sure there are lots of beautiful books with illustrations and stories about the Acorn Moon and things that happen In November, but today I'm being different and doing an author review, which has nothing to do with fall...
Robert Munsch is one of our favorite authors, and in case you have not been formally introduced, you can meet him here at his website. Do take the time to read through his little auto biography there, it's truly fascinating. He's one of the most creative authors I've read, with many of his stories carrying an adorable cadence and poetic rhyme. With 54 books published, you are sure to find at least a few of his classics at your local library.
Here are a handful of our favorites: (from sentimental to silly!)



You probably have probably already cried your way through this beautiful story! The sweet story that expresses exactly what our mommy hearts feel each and every day... "I'll love you forever, I'll love you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be..."





This silly story is one of my daughter's favorites, as we are big fans of princesses in our home. Featuring a dragon, a prince, and a good story about using your mind... the Paper Bag Princess is one that will delight children as well as spark some good dinner conversations!




Possibly my favorite Munsch book, Stephanie's Ponytail is a great example to my girls of self confidence and not giving in to peer pressure! The ending pages always have our family giggling...



50 Below Zero is another silly story that causes much laughter in our home. We like to listen to the story ready by Robert Munsch himself on Tumblebooks. (I'll tell you how to use a free version of this later!) In this classic Munsch book the repetition of the story makes the surprise ending so much fun...

For even more delightful children's stories each and every week please join Elise at A Path Made Straight for Children's Book Monday.

No comments: