Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nothing New

A very wise man once wrote:

"What has been will be again, 
   what has been done will be done again;    there is nothing new under the sun."

This is never more true than in the world of blogging.  There are no "new" ideas. I don't say this to disregard the genius of some people, but rather to point out (mostly to myself) that these things that we write about have been written before.  They may not have used the exact words, maybe sometimes they used better words.  I say it to put into perspective this space for sharing.  There are many Mama's just like me.  If you type in "home made laundry soap", you're gonna get a LOT of recipes.  (There are a lot of other people giving their two cents on how to save two cents!)
Sometimes in the world of blogging we see the giants and it's easy to loose perspective.  I want to be like Ree, I want to have sponsors like Ashley, I want to write a book like Emily, I want to see like Ann, I want, I want, I want...
But there's nothing new under the sun. Even these amazing women in all their God given talent are not giving us something "new".  They are the same ideas presented in newer ways, from a unique perspective maybe, but certainly not "new".
As I share these thoughts (sparked by an interesting tweet from a blogging acquaintance of mine) please know they are more for me than anything else.  Personally I'm glad that there are so many people willing to open up and share from their perspective.  It's what makes life interesting.  (and it's what brings us beautiful things like Pinterest!)
So I leave you with just one thought, if so many are talking, who is left to listen?

No comments: