Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Finding the Beauty

It's a bad day. I woke up with a headache that had plagued me for over 12 hours and others in my home were cranky as well. My middle child creates a battle out of every school assignment she has, and thus it takes us much longer than it should. My list of things to do is extremely long.  We have company coming tonight and I have NO idea what I'm going to make.  Our fridge is very empty which means I'm going grocery shopping today or tonight after they leave.  I have to meal plan and make my list, but keep getting pulled away by the kids or my own distractions.  It's just one of those days.
And though I've not finished reading Ann's book 1,000 Gifts, I know what it's about.  It's about what we in our home call the attitude of gratitude.  So right now, before I tackle that "to do" list... I'll add to the list I've been silently keeping.  Of things I'm grateful for, that make me smile, and that bring beauty into my day.

.......
An eager invitation to play Barbies
A child that lovingly and willingly helps with chores
Roses from the back yard
Sweet scrawny arms that circle my neck and smell of sunscreen
A home to clean
Friends to fellowship with
Food to eat
Healthy options available to us
A blue kitchen sink (silly I know, but it is a source of joy for me!)
A blog where I can share my feelings
A God who always provides
A book idea in my heart and on my mind
......