Thursday, February 14, 2019

What's On Your Nightstand?

We are a family that loves to read. I've read books aloud to the kids as a part of our evening traditions since they were babies. Now that they are older we don't get to read together as often as we'd like but the time we do get they cherish and so do I.
I've been posting to Instagram and Facebook recently regarding my recent reads. I'm usually more of a "brainless novels" kinda gal, but recently my husband wanted to dig into learning about the enneagram. I love that he challenges me to better myself and our marriage by reading.
I thought I'd share with you today a photo of my nightstand and the books that are residing there for the time being. From the bottom up they include:
RealSimple, a good magazine for simple inspiration from recipes, to organizing to decor.
Freedom of Simplicity by Richard Foster. This book challenges the spirituality behind living simply.
Kindness Journal by Candace Cameron Bure; it's a journal with spaces for three kind things you did each day with weekly tips on how to spread kindess.
The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile. This book is fantastic for an introduction to the enneagram. If you're not familiar with the Enneagram or need a lighter not so heavy beginning to understanding how to type yourself this is it.
The Sacred Enneagram by Christopher L. Heuertz. I'm only a few chapters in on this one but having read The Road Back to You, I'm enjoying the depth this book is providing into the sacred spirituality found in understanding yourself. We are all reflections of the Creator and this book explores how our numbers work together to show the awesomeness of our God!

And here is the stack of library books we checked out for our read aloud. We LOVE the "Soup" books by Robert Newton Peck. When we borrowed them from the library a few of them hadn't been checked out in nine years! If you've never read any of these books we highly recommend the lighthearted tales of childhood from Rob's memories of shenanigans with his friend named Soup.

Happy Reading!

What's on your nightstand?

No comments: