Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Something from...something else

It's Sunday morning and I'm dressed for Church, but I need a long necklace to complete my outfit.  Problem, I don't OWN a long silver necklace!!!
Solution???  Make a long silver necklace!
In a moment of genius, I pulled out all of my unused chains that I had sitting in a drawer and connected four pieces together.  The result was a necklace that I'm going to be wearing again and again...
Two days later I saw a very similar necklace style at Target, it was on sale for $20.00!
It made my make-shift necklace even prettier!



Long silver necklace: cost $0.00
This totally works for me!!!

5 comments:

Kathi Lipp said...

You, my friend, are a jewelry genius!

Christy said...

Way to go! It is really cute!

juniperjames said...

AMY!

That is so genius! You are so stinking creative. I'm totally gonna do that now. I'll give you all the credit. :)

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Wow! You should be very proud of your creativeness. Love the look of your necklace and the $ you saved. Now I'm going to go check out all of my old chains and see what I can do with them too.

Thanks for the idea.

I just happened upon your blog after seeing your comment on Lysa's post. I too put an entry in the She Speaks Scholarship contest. It's nice to meet you.

Lee Ann

Kerilyn said...

I noticed you wearing this on Sunday. It's lovely! A genius idea indeed.