Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Embark

It's time dear friends!
It's time for me to embark on an incredible journey. This year we have decided to home school our oldest daughter Grace. (see our decision for last year here)
This means so much more than I ever really even imagined.
It's not just about schedule changes, balancing school and home, or even about lesson plans. It's about transformation from the inside out. With the decision to home school I feel as though I am opening myself up for intense scrutiny. With the decision to home school, I feel like I've taken on the task of "extreme parenting". I've always held to the idea that as parents we are trusted to train our children. As my children get older and the ways we train become more focused, more intense I feel the responsibility increase and become a heavier weight.
I feel like I am being turned inside out. Who I am as a person, as a mother, a homemaker is going to shape who these little people become. I've always known this, but it's even more apparent to me now.
And so, as I embark, this is my prayer:

Psalm 139:23
"Search me O God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

No comments: