Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thwarted


Life is funny. 
You never really know what's coming.  You can plan, dream, anticipate, but what's waiting for you at the end of the tunnel is unknown. If I said it wasn't frustrating I'd be telling a big fat lie.  If I said that the "adventure" of it all is what keeps life interesting, I'd be telling you a half truth.  If I told you that the only thing that's constant and trustworthy in this crazy road called life is God, I'd be telling you the entire truth of the matter but I'm afraid it would sound like a cliche.
This year was supposed to be a year of change.  Saying "No", so that we can eventually say "Yes" to so much more.  Not only does the year seem to be going particularly fast, but as we rounded the half way mark there were obstacles in the way that we were not anticipating. How can you? You budget and plan and do your best, but Life just happens!  And even though we are doing well, removing as many rocks from our path as possible I wonder if we will ever see that light at the end of our tunnel.

That's when I remember...I remember the cliche.  He is constant.  He is trustworthy. No matter what Life throws my way I can weather it because I have Him.
Deep Breath.
So I cinch the budget belt just a little bit tighter and get creative with our menus for a few months knowing that in the grand scheme of things it's not such a big deal.
Breath in, Breath out.
I keep on, keeping on; making meals, changing diapers, cleaning house, bathing children, watering the garden, walk to church, fellowship, love, smile.
Listen.
I close my eyes and the lyrics wash over me like a refreshing rain, especially when she sings them!
"In the middle of my little mess I forget how big I'm blessed."
And they ring so true...because we'll get there. Eventually.

1 comment:

luv2bontheroad said...

I think I love the idea of that empty jar almost as much as you. It's an accomplishment worthy of much praise. Dad and I are so proud of yours and Aaron's stick-to-it-ness.