Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Throwback Thursday

It occurred to me the other day as I was strapping my son into his car seat how different life used to be for mothers of preschoolers in the 1950's. To think that most people didn't use seat belts themselves much less strap their children in the car is amazing. The family would all just pile into the car, mother holding baby on her lap if they weren't old enough to sit by themselves! (How nice that would have been for a nursing mom!) And though it may have been easier, I'm grateful for the safety standards of today. Thankful that I can put my children in their seats, buckled in properly and whisper a prayer of safety over our journey no matter how long or short it may be.
Today I will keep my reflections short and to the point:


Before:








After:

No comments: