Sunday, January 15, 2012

Topsy~Turvey

Well friends.  I've gone and done it.  I believe that knowledge is powerful.  I also believe that if "you know better, you [should] do better." (Sister Pamela Corbin)
This past week I've watched two documentaries that will be changing the primary focus of my Menu Monday!  ::WARNING:: Do NOT watch these movies unless you truly want to do something about your eating habits.  If you are perfectly fine living in ignorant bliss, by all means stay that way.  However, if you are like me and you know there just has to be something better out there then pull these movies up on your Netflix cue and get ready to change!

The first movie I watched was called Food Matters.
From this documentary I learned the importance of the nutrients you put into your body and exactly what it means to "eat raw".  It also speaks of the illnesses that can be addressed from the view of diet rather than the ever increasing medications that are being prescribed each day.

The second documentary is called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead."  A bit more lighthearted, this film catalogs the journey of two men who fasted for 60 days drinking only the juice from fresh fruits and veggies.  Prepare to be amazed at what the human body can do when given the right nutrients!

It's late and I'm about to go to bed, but I wanted to keep you "in the know" about the time of transformation for our family.
Stay tuned because I'm sure there will be a lot to update you on in this next week.  For my husband and I, our menu's will consist of mainly fruit and vegetable juices.  The kids diets will maintain as is for a time, with more emphasis on raw fruits and veggies.

If you think of it, say a prayer for me.  My head is telling me what we ought to do, but I must admit that my taste buds are more than a little nervous! (An In'N Out cheese burger just might do me in at some point!)
L'Chaim!!!

No comments: