Thursday, October 10, 2019

A Moment

I'm having a moment here.
 My son just hugged me, tight. I said, "I love you, son." And he responded with the typical, "I love you, too." Nothing out of the ordinary there.

But these past few days have been filled with these tender moments. He had a moment of sheer disrespect but then apologized and had a repentant heart. He slept a night in my bed because his dad is away on a mission trip and I lay listening to his breathing. He sits in the rocker, engrossed by his rubix cube and I see his mind transforming, becoming more analytical. We went on a date while his sisters were at youth group and he made conversation like an adult. My son, my last born, is growing up. While on one hand I'm really not ready to see this transition, on the other hand this transition makes me so incredibly proud.

I'm having a Mary mama moment and I need to treasure these things in my heart.

No comments: