Wednesday, November 3, 2010

When He's Gone...

This week, he's gone. I really don't like it when he's gone. I know that he's there doing great things, and helping to further the Kingdom; but I miss him so much.

A wedding day is so full of unknowns. You stand there on that day all fancied up, exchanging rings, and words and promises and lighting candles that symbolize the unity. Preacher says the "two will become one flesh" and you smile with the joy of being the half of this whole new you. And yet you don't realize exactly what it means...

It means that when he's gone you ache.
When he's away, you can't sleep.
When he's not here, you aren't either... not fully.

Interesting isn't it? I wonder if this is how Adam felt, when God noted that "It's not good for man to be alone..."


And so I pray. And I wait. And life moves on, and so we live it.
We will welcome him home soon and when he arrives we will have made ready his castle. And dear friends, I will be ready!


tuesdays unwrapped at cats

1 comment:

Kim Turnage said...

Love this, Amy! Like you, I can't sleep when he's away...and I'm a little less me. Thanks for vising my blog recently. It gave me a chance to find yours, which I LOVE!