Monday, October 31, 2011

31 Days: Grandmas Wisdom~ The Best Time

The day we had lunch with my Grandma for her 90th birthday was when I decided to participate in 31 Days.  She shared with me a piece of wisdom.  It's these words that she spoke that made me want to write about her life and the reflections that have come over these past 31 days.  She said to me more than once....

"Amy, these are the best times of your life; enjoy them!"

Looking back on her life like I have for the past month has shown me the truth of her words.  She took great delight in raising her children.  Four beautiful little people, two boys, two girls, and a loving husband.  They never had a lot of money, but were never in desperation either.  They were a  family full of love for one another, always looking for the good of others and the betterment of the community around them.  God brought them through the good times and the bad times, and though there were seasons that she walked through the "valley of death" I know that God has been with her the entire time gently guiding.

There's a saying goes like this, "Hindsight is 20/20", but no one has ever said that the hindsight needs to be your own! I've always been a fan of learning from the past, not only your own but others as well.  So when Grandma encourages me to enjoy these "best times" of my life I plan on doing exactly that.

Thank you for joining me on this journey of my Grandmother's wisdom. I pray you have gleaned much from the sharing of her story.

No comments: