Friday, April 27, 2012

Coupon Update

So I promised you that I would blog about my couponing trip to the store and journey with you as we together walk hand in hand into that blissful world of saving up to 50% off your monthly grocery bill.  Well, I'm here to tell you I've failed.  Okay so maybe the word "fail" is a little harsh, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my savings up above 32-37%.
Interestingly enough I have come up with a few new tricks that I was not using before.
Here is one of the best deals I got at Safeway while trying to keep track of my expenses and using coupons.
In the Sunday paper there was a PG Brand Saver coupon insert.  Inside there were coupons for feminine  products I like and use.  The product was on sale, I had a manufactures coupon as well as an ecoupon from the Safeway store (you have to be a registered user and then Safeway will give you coupons and special prices just for looking online for more deals.)  Here's how it broke down for me...
Line 1: Regular Price
Line 2: Safeway Sale Price
Line 3: eCoupon from safeway.com
Line 4: Manufacture Coupon and final price circled


So as you can see, it was a great deal on one and a mediocre deal on the other two.  This kind of sums up what I've been experiencing over and over for the past month.  Okay deals, but not so amazing that I want to spend the time and the stress dealing with coupons.  Will I continue to save them, yes.  Will I continue to use some, yes.  But only if it fits our needs as well as my time limits.  I will only seek out deals on things like Pull-ups, and other items that a real difference can be made.

My un-success with coupons and our total diet change has made for quite the transformation in our home.  Stay tuned tomorrow for when I share with you my menu makeover!!

No comments: