Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Little Pitchers

I'm not sure where the saying came from, but I heard a friend of mine say to her husband "Little pitchers have big ears", simply meaning "Be careful what you say dear, the children are listening". As a mother of three precious little souls, this is on my mind frequently. That is to say, every time I say something that they repeat and I hear the crassness of it said in their sweet little voices and I am convicted. They are such sponges, and I'm amazed at what they pick up and where they get it from. Most of the time, I fear they get things from me. Today my oldest said to the "twins" "Okay guys, we are almost to where we are going, so please just stop arguing. Knock it off you two!" The inflection and timing were perfect. My husband and I looked at one another with raised eyebrows and a knowing gaze. ~sigh~ Where did she hear that one?
As I refine this blog to be my thoughts on being a "homemaker in training", I hope to do so with much prayer. I will seek to share money saving tips and ways to make good use of your precious time and in thus being the "good steward" that God has called us to be; but more than that I hope to learn for myself by sharing the ways God is helping me turn our frazzled house into "a home".

No comments: