Friday, November 1, 2019

There Once Was a Boy...

  I know this boy. He has beautiful eyes. I mean, really beautiful. Exquisite actually.

  One of the things that he hates is inefficiency. Everything he does is goal oriented and he makes sure that all of his efforts are focused on completing the task at hand as quickly and easily as possible. Today I asked him to re-do some work. He was respectful, and ready to be compliant, but tears welled up in his eyes. Those extremely gorgeous eyes became glossy with the sheen of water. Now, because I know this boy and because I am his teacher, I'd like to say that I maintained a solid, unwavering approach to the beginning of what would be tears. But I cannot say with total honesty that his wet eyes left me unaffected.
  They made me stop and think. In this case it was a good thing.  Was what I was asking necessary? Was it the most efficient use of time and energy? The answer was no, and it wasn't because of tears.
  I will however say a word of warning. This boy, with those eyes, and the heart for getting things done? Watch out ladies! One glance and you won't know what hit ya!

No comments: